Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday Focus: Tim Holtz Stamps

Hello, It's Zoe here with Friday Focus here at Frilly & Funkie! Friday Focus is when we highlight a particular product or range from The Funkie Junkie Boutique and for the following two weeks there will be an additional 15% discount off that particular product.

This week we're featuring Tim Holtz Stamps!


I'm a big fan of Tim Holtz Stamps and the new sets are no exception!


I used the new patchwork stamp as the background for both of my cards. Blending distress inks onto distress watercolor cardstock, spritzing the stamp with water and stamping. The water bleaches the colour of the distress ink. It's such a simple technique and so effective.


I stamped top hats from the new dapper stamp set onto distress watercolor cardstock with archival ink and blended brushed corduroy distress ink in.


I used another stamp from the new dapper stamp set and blended in brushed corduroy and flicked with water. I fussy cut the top hats and mounted them onto the card in stacks.


I  mounted the card onto idea-ology burlap surface and a cream card.


I stamped paint brushes from the artful tools stamp set onto distress watercolor cardstock. I blended brushed corduroy distress ink over the brush heads and fired brink distress ink over the brush handles and fussy cut.


I stamped the painters plaque from the new dapper stamp set. Blended in a little brushed corduroy distress ink and flicked with water. Once dry it was adhered, covering the base of the paint brushes.


Finally I mounted onto idea-ology cork surface and a cream card.

All the products I used are available from The Funkie Junkie Boutique and don't forget that all Tim Holtz Stamps will have an additional 15% discount for the next two weeks, the perfect reason to treat yourself. Sue will be back tomorrow with a Saturday step by step.

Have a great weekend and happy shopping!
Zoe

 

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant cards both of them!! The background the focal images, the whole way they are put together, clever and brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, love the background and touch of colouring. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zoe, I'm SO inspired by these! You make me want to make Tim Holtz cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards Zoe, I love how the stamps sets work so beautifully together - the paint brushes are brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards! I love the colors you used to highlight behind the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Standing ovation, Zoe! These are gorgeous. The way you used color here is brilliant. It's as though the cards are backlit with soft light. You worked your magic with these gorgeous stamps. I hope Linda has tons in stock, because these are about to fly off the shelves! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning makes Zoe..love the wonderful colours and details..........you have really showcased these stamps so well

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous stamping and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant use of the new Tim Holtz stamps, Zoe! Love the colors and the way you added dimension with the fussy cut panels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards Zoe = You made me RE-THINK these stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done a sublime job, it is so delicate and strong at the same time ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea that that hexagon background could be so cool. I like to crochet so it looks like a crocheted blanket to me. You showed me that it can be so much more. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your cards are fabulous, Zoe!! I'm off to do a little impulse shopping now, courtesy of your beautiful use of these stamps:-))
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete